Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Alias!! My Na'fis Is Hell Bent To Ruin Me

Alias!! My Na'fis Is Hell Bent To Ruin Me

O my Nafs! For how long will you remain in obstinate rebellion?
For how long will you remain stiff-necked, refusing to bow down?
For how long will you continue down the path of destruction?
Death approaches on swift wings, grasping hands outstretched
yet you are carefree, deeming yourself safe from his grip.
The grave beckons, soon to reach up and engulf you,
yet you remain heedless.
O my Nafs! I complain to my Lord concerning you, you and your companion,
seeking refuge in Him from your oppression.
For how long will you remain standing over me,
a tyrant commanding with evil?
For how long will you endeavour to enslave me to passion?
You aim to fill my heart with darkness.
I seek from my Lord Light and Forgiveness.
O my Nafs! Has not the time come for you to humble yourself before your Creator?

No comments: